The Jesus and the Eyewitnesses series
Oddly, I forgot to complete my series on Richard Bauckham’s Jesus and the Eyewitnesses, so I've at last updated the links and reposted this page. Thank you to all who took part in the discussions surrounding that series. I learnt a lot in the process. I hope that my posts will ‘whet the appetite’ of those considering buying the book to dig into the details of the arguments for themselves. Richard can’t justify every bold claim in an interview - that is why he wrote the book -, and neither can I in this series - that would be copyright infringement! Best bet is to buy the book ...
9. Papias on Mark and Matthew - part 18.
10. Three Models of Oral Tradition - part 19.
11. Transmitting the Jesus Traditions - part 20.
12. Anonymous Tradition or Eyewitness Testimony? - part 21.
13. Eyewitness Memory - part 22.
14. The Gospel of John as Eyewitness Testimony - part 23.
16. Papias on John - part 26.
17. Polycrates and Irenaeus on John - part 27.
18. The Jesus of Testimony - part 28.
Part 29 - A podcast summary
Part 30 - Bauckham's response to my biblical-studies colloquium questions
Also see here for my Q&A session with Richard Bauckham about the book.