My own predictions: Camping's future rapture-fail excuses
Half an hour to go here before Harold Camping's rapture happens, but I'm going to stick my neck out now and say "it won't happen".
What will their multinational, wealthy ministry claim after all fails to materialise?
Here are some possibles:
1. Haha, April, er, May fools!
2. Harold stands up and says: "Did not Jesus say that even he did not know the time? The fuss you have all kicked up is a lived out example of how dull of discernment you have all become" (I would go for this one)
3. Related to this: "I wasn't serious guys, I just wanted you to think about your life if Jesus really were coming soon"
4. "I must have got my calculations wrong again, let me get back to you in a few years" (I am expecting something along these lines - it is what he said after his first failed prediction about 10 years ago)
5. "We where sadly almost all left behind. Only one person was raptured"
What is so depressing, is that this nonsense has had so much air time and was promoted around the world. Perhaps we should have a controversial "Karl Barth reading nude in public day", or something, so that decent theology gets a look in.