This week I’ll start sensible posting again, and continue my Jesus and the Eyewitnesses series. I just couldn’t be bothered tonight as I’ve been busy panickingly writing a paper for a lecture I’m giving this coming Monday at an NT colloquium in Tübingen. I’m developing my thoughts on 2 Cor 5:21 – tremendously interesting stuff, actually, just lots to do.
Anyway, have you made any New Year resolutions?
- Get through a good chunk of Barth’s Church Dogmatics.
- Smoke more (with a little bit of discipline this shouldn’t be too hard)
- Perform a ‘prophetic dance’ at a Charismatic meeting. In a leotard.
- Convince a German-language-only relative that the King James 1611 is the only inspired Bible.
- Cultivate my left foot’s bacterial condition, especially the impressive colony under my toenails.
- Finish most of my doctoral work, all of the Pauline exegesis, the analysis of Philo and the Similitudes of Enoch, and write a few articles to publish.
- Make a squirrel soufflé at least once a month (it’s the hunt that makes picking out all the little bones worth it)
- Write a number of book reviews for Chrisendom and thereby generate enthusiasm for theological study.
- Read more of the classics of Pauline scholarship.
- Loose about three chins, and discover my long hidden bone structure again.