I am, I'm sorry to admit this, only now starting to discover the joy of daily liturgical prayer. I have copies from the library of the Common Worship:Daily Prayer and Celebrating Common Prayer (plus my own beloved Evangelisches Gesangbuch).
I wonder if anyone has any recommendations or thoughts about the various liturgical prayer books they may have used? What did you like/dislike about them? What have proven to be the most useful for you and why? I would appreciate opinions as I am rather new to this.
Here are the best links I've uncovered in my research:
- Celebrating Common Prayer: A version of The Daily Office
- The best of all: the Church of England Daily Pray feed, including The Book of Common Prayer and Common Worship: Services and Prayers for the Church of England.
- Schott's Messbuch Tagesimpuls
- The Jesuit Sacred Space
- Phyllis Tickle's Divine Hours
- The Confessing Evangelicals reviews