I thought it might be useful to list all of the book reviews on this blog. I may have left one or two out, but here are all I found today.
I'll update this page with each new review.
My book reviews:
- Enns and Tremper Longman III ed. Dictionary of the Old Testament Wisdom, Poetry & Writings
- Gabriele Boccaccini ed. Enoch and the Messiah Son of Man: Revisiting the Book of Parables
- Douglas A. Campbell, The Quest for Paul's Gospel: A Suggested Strategy
- David Flusser, Judaism of the Second Temple Period. Volume 1. Qumran and Apocalypticism
- Parry, Robin, and Mary Healy, eds. The Bible and Epistemology
- Multipart: Goldingay, Old Testament Theology. Volume 1: Israel's Gospel, and Old Testament Theology. Volume 2: Israel's Faith.
- Multipart: Hauerwas, Prayers Plainly Spoken
- Eds. Thomas C. Oden, and Cindy Crosby, Ancient Christian Devotional: A Year of Weekly Readings
- Klyne R. Snodgrass, Stories with Intent: A Comprehensive Guide to the Parables of Jesus
- Michael J. Gorman, Reading Paul
- Tom Sine, The New Conspirators: Creating the Future One Mustard Seed at a Time.
- Andrew Perriman, Otherways: In Search of an Emerging Theology
- David Bentley Hart, The Doors of the Sea: Where was God in the Tsunami?
- Colin Duriez, AD 33: The Year That Changed the World
- Multipart: Gordon D. Fee, Pauline Christology: An Exegetical-Theological Study
- Multipart: Richard Bauckham, Jesus and the Eyewitnesses
- Eckhard J. Schnabel, Der erste Brief des Paulus an die Korinther
- Multipart: Chris VanLandingham, Judgment and Justification in Early Judaism and the Apostle Paul
- Thomas A. Robinson, Mastering New Testament Greek: Essential Tools for Students
- Scott J. Hafemann, Paul, Moses, and the History of Israel
- Larry W. Hurtado, How on Earth Did Jesus Become a God?: Historical Questions about Earliest Devotion to Jesus
- Short note on three books: Peter deRosa, The fatal flaw of Christianity, Marcus Borg, The Heart of Christianity, and Brian J. Walsh and Sylvia C. Keesmaat, Colossians Remixed: Subverting the Empire.
- Multipart: Hans Küng, Der Anfang aller Dinge
- John Franke, The Character of Theology: An Introduction to its Nature, Task and Purpose
Guest book reviews (reviewer in brackets):
- Jerry L. Sumney, Philippians: A Greek Student's Intermediate Reader (Luke Welch)
- James McGrath, The Burial of Jesus: History and Faith (Nelson Moore)
- Christopher J. Wright, Old Testament Ethics for the People of God (Phil Sumpter)
- Beverly Roberts Gaventa, Our Mother Saint Paul (Alisha Paddock)
- Alister McGrath, Doubting (Nelson Moore)
- Nick Solly Megoran, The War on Terror: How Should Christians Respond? (Phil Sumpter)
- Meich Pearse, The Gods of War: Is Religion the Primary Cause of Violent Conflict? (Phil Sumpter)
- Luke Timothy Johnson, Hebrews: A Commentary (David M. Moffitt)
- Andrew Purves, The Crucifixion of Ministry (Phil Sumpter)
- Mikeal C. Parsons, Luke: Storyteller, Interpreter, Evangelist (Luke Welch)
- Gerald R. McDermott, God's Rivals (Kathrin Wanner)
- Neil Livingstone, Picturing the Gospel: Tapping the Power of the Bible's Imagery (Phil Sumpter)
- Marcus Jastrow, Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud Babli and Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature (David M. Moffitt)
- Lee Martin McDonald, The Biblical Canon: Its Origin, Transmission, and Authority (Dr. Thomas Scott Caulley)